How do I measure for double glazed windows?
Before you can receive a quote for your double glazed windows, you need to enter the measurements into our online quote builder.
It is important that the measurements taken are accurately, you do not want to be faced with a window glass that does not fit, simply because the wrong size was ordered! Measuring for double glazed windows may seem like a daunting prospect, but in reality it is really quite simple. Start Your Online Quote Here
How to measure your double glazed windows
- Firstly, measure the width from plaster to plaster. This should be measured from three points: top, middle and bottom of the opening. The smallest of these measurements will be taken as the width.
- Then measure the height from plaster to cill.
- Take an average of 3 measurements across the width and height (our online quote builder allows for inches, centimetres and millimetres.)
- Lastly, take a measurement from the bottom of the window cill, to the floor. If the measurement reaches below 80cm/80mm, then you will need to add toughened glass to your quote online, in order to meet current building regulations.
- Once you have all of your measurements, start an online quote here and fill in your details to get an instant online quote.
Measuring Windows Video
Start your online quote today – it’s easy! Simply click the button below and receive your unique quote in minutes!